PECOS: Master CMS Surrogacy Enrollment Requirements
June 2 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
If you are using your practitioner’s login to access and manage their PECOS (Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System) records, you are not in compliance with CMS requirements.
CMS rules specifically prohibit you from using your provider’s login to manage, verify, update or authorize their information in PECOS. Instead, you’re required to use a surrogacy system which allows you to work on their behalf under your own login. There are strict guidelines for proper completion and compliance for this system, which means the accurate set-up of connection requests and surrogacy access can be complex and confusing.
This is where enrollment expert, Gretchin S. Heckenlively, CPA, FHFMA, can help.
During her upcoming, 90-minute online training session on Tuesday, June 2nd at 1 pm ET, she’ll walk you through how to set up your PECOS connection requests and surrogacy access correctly the first time. You’ll be able to successfully, compliantly and more easily manage multiple practitioners (if needed), and access multiple platforms (PECOS, NPPES, etc.) all from one login.
Here are just a few of the easy-to-implement PECOS surrogacy account set-up steps you’ll receive by attending this upcoming 60-minute online training:
- Efficiently add, modify and terminate providers from your group login
- Comply with access rules for the PECOS Identify & Access (I&A) Management System
- Correctly choose your designation: Authorized/Delegated Official (AO/DO) or Staff End User
- Efficiently manage organizational and individual practitioner enrollments in PECOS
- Successfully use your PECOS login to also manage your provider NPI records
- More easily and quickly update practitioner information to avoid Medicare deactivation
- Easily add, terminate and authorize staff as PECOS users to streamline workflow
- And so much more….
By attending this expert-led online training, you’ll be able to more accurately and efficiently use the PECOS Identity & Access (I&A) Management System to comply with Medicare enrollment regulations, and in turn be able to head off possible payer deactivations and disruptions in cash flow.
Using PECOS accurately is one of the few occasions where complying with government regulations will actually save you time and headaches. With the click of a button, you’ll be able to tell which of your practitioners need verification or are missing information and be able to address the issue.
Whether you’re enrolling your provider in Medicare for the first time, modifying an existing account or removing a practitioner from your group, this training will provide you with the tools you need to successfully utilize the PECOS system.
Don’t wait, sign up for this must-attend online training today.