Outpatient payer medical record audits are skyrocketing. Payers are using audits to uncover money they believe was paid to you in error, and then they want to take it back.
To make matters worse, auditors are incentivized (with money) to recoup every single dollar possible. The more an auditor recoups from your practice, the more money they make. To do this they can dig through 7 years of your patient records during an audit. And, if they find even one error, it can be applied across a portion of your patient base to increase your recoupment amount.
Although you can’t always control whether you’re targeted for a payor audit. You can significantly reduce your risk should you get audited. You can avoid having to pay back your hard-earned reimbursement, stop payer revenue holds, and head off violation allegations that can result in massive penalties.
Fortunately, there is help available. Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CPC is presenting an online training that will tell you EXACTLY how to significantly reduce your chances of being targeted for a payer medical record audit. And, if you do receive an audit notification, you’ll get step-by-step advice on how to make it through as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Here are just a few of the proven, plain-English third-party payer audit risk reduction strategies you’ll receive by attending this 60-minute live online training:
- Stop your responses to payer record requests from getting you audited
- Obstruct a payer audit from drying up your reimbursement, keep your cash flowing
- Avoid the most common errors that will get you audited, and cost you thousands
- Uncover how to stop recoupment requests from leading to payer record auditing
- Know your rights during a payer audit, don’t be bullied by auditors
- Reduce your risk of a payer audit, tactics to fly under auditor radars
- Don’t let your lack of incorrect notice responses land you in legal hot water
- Successfully pass an audit, and learn how to avoid getting selected in the future
- Pin down how to successfully challenge medical audit findings to get the results you want
- Get a payer audit stopped before it starts, the key is in your documentation
- And so much more…
IMPORTANT: If your practice bills either commercial or federal (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) insurance, this training is a must-attend – regardless of your practice’s size, specialty or location.
The possibility of a payer medical record audit is enough to trigger an anxiety attack. If even one violation is uncovered during a payer medical record audit, ignorance of the issue will not be accepted as a defense. The only way for you to avoid and/or survive a costly payer audit is to be prepared.
Don’t make the mistake of facing a payer medical record audit alone. Take action today. By attending this training, you’ll receive expert advice to significantly reduce your audit risk and get step-by-step advice on how to survive a payor audit should you be targeted. Don’t wait another minute, sign up for this limited-access training today.
Dreama has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. A graduate of Wellesley College and Tufts University School of Medicine she has a varied background including clinical, billing, and coding. As CEO of Dr. Sloan-Kelly Consulting, Dreama speaks at various seminars, imparting her knowledge in an upbeat, matter of fact, manner.
Her goal is to provide attendees with only pertinent information to minimize the nonsense, and make sure everyone has fun at the same time. Dreama works with practices one on one, through coding consulting. She offers in-services seminars that can be held on or off-site. Dreama has learned in most seminars you spend a whole day only getting 20% of what you need, and 80% you leave – she has made it her goal to carve out the 20% that you need and giving you the take home message that will help you and your practice.