Consequences for failing to comply with FLSA regulations are stiff. Your practice can be mandated to pay employees back wages, designated damages and penalties, attorney fees, and court costs. Civil and criminal penalties from federal and/or state governments can also apply. The good news is there is help available.
This is where HR expert Lori Kleiman, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, can help. Lori will present a 60-minute online training session specifically for practices. This training will break down the complexities of the FLSA rules and walk you through exactly what you really need to know to comply.
Here are just some of the practical, actionable advice you’ll get by attending this online training that will help you comply with complex FLSA regulations, including rule changes:
- Demystify how to properly classify exempt vs. nonexempt employees – every time
- Determine when you can classify someone as a contractor and when you can’t
- Avoid overtime obligation compliance errors that lead to legal penalties
- Uncover how paying an employee overtime now can save you thousands later
- Pin down FLSA salary threshold levels to avoid compliance errors
- Incorporate correct types of pay plans for nonexempt employees
- Resolve FLSA risk areas fast with easy-to-implement internal audit processes
- Identify when administrative staff don’t qualify for overtime
- Pinpoint specific NP and PA pay structure problems that can get you sued
- Identify employee classification risk areas, and fix them before they’re a problem
- Overcome easy-to-avoid wage/hour compliance errors before being hit with FLSA penalties
- Correctly incorporate breaks and lunches to avoid an FLSA lawsuit
- Bulletproof your hourly staff work documentation to protect against violations
- Ascertain when you are and are not required to pay for time not worked
- And much, much more!
Just because you’ve always paid your employee one way doesn’t mean it is correct. It only takes one disgruntled employee to claim that you paid them incorrectly, and you can be hit with serious legal penalties for failing to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Don’t make the mistake of letting employment compliance decisions slide to the bottom of your pile. The penalties and consequences you’ll face by sidestepping these confusing FLSA rules (including pay structures, employee classification, and wage/hour rules) are too severe for you to risk making these critical decisions without expert advice.
Sign up for this 60-minute, plain-English, online training today to help you comply with these significant FLSA rules and protect your practice against expensive and stressful employment compensation lawsuits. Attendance to this training is limited to ensure you’ll get your specific questions answered by the expert presenting this training. To guarantee your attendance, register today!
Lori Kleiman is certified as a SPHR and SHRM-SCP, and holds a Master’s Degree in Human Resources. She spent 30 years as a HR consultant and entrepreneur, and her background gives her unique insight into how HR professionals and executives can work together to achieve business goals.
A frequent speaker on a wide range of HR topics, Lori conducts seminars nationwide on a regular basis for executives and HR professionals. Her programs provide critical HR updates and best practices to aligning HR with your businesses.