Your reception area is a HIPAA nightmare just waiting to happen. So, you need to choose.
Your front desk can either be a barrier against HIPAA complaints and violations and the massive penalties that accompany them, or it can be the cause.
The number one driver of HIPAA audits is patient complaints. All it takes is one patient to feel like his or her personal information has been mistreated or overheard and you could have an auditor on your doorstep.
The big issue isn’t that one patient complained. It’s that once at your front desk, HIPAA auditors can uncover other violations and apply them across the board. This is where fines and penalties can reach the millions.
You need a plan of attack, and HIPAA practice expert, Tracy Bird, FACMPE, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CPC-I, can help. During this 60-minute online training, she will tell you EXACTLY how to protect your front desk (and your practice) from violating HIPAA regulations and getting hit with exorbitant penalties.
This training will provide step-by-step, actionable tactics that you can put into practice right away to protect your practice from front desk HIPAA violations. Here are just a few of the proven strategies you’ll receive by attending:
- Head off easy-to-avoid costly front desk check-in and check-out violations
- Overcome little know sign-in sheet HIPAA errors that can generate massive fines
- Identify whether your Notice of Privacy Practices is a violation just waiting to happen
- Avoid innocent, expensive release of information errors at your front desk
- Don’t let commercial payer opt-out guidelines lead to an avoidable HIPAA breach
- Arm your reception staff with communication tools that protect your patients and your practice
- Implement fax sending and receiving rules that will stop a HIPAA breach in its tracks
- Prevent front desk chaos from allowing patient information slip
- And so much more….
Don’t put your head in the sand and think it can’t happen to you. Government websites are full of practices just like yours that thought this way, and now they have to pay.
Just one HIPAA violation can result in a fine of as much as $50,000.
And if multiple violations are identified the amount you have to pay can add up FAST.
So, you choose. Are you going to continue to risk costly, front desk HIPAA violations, or are you going to TAKE ACTION and head them off before they’re a problem? In only 60 minutes, you can get an attack strategy to protect your patients, your practice and yourself. Don’t wait, sign up today.
Tracy has over 40 years of experience in various specialties in the areas of practice management, billing and coding, including training, communications, and policy and procedure development.
She is an ACMPE Fellow with MGMA, a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CMPA), a Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMC) a Certified Professional Medical Coding Curriculum instructor (CPC-I), and an AAPC Fellow. Tracy is co-founder and past president of the NE Kansas Chapter of AAPC, a past president of MGMA-GKC and is currently serving as the Chair of the Certification Commission for National MGMA.