Unspecified diagnosis codes are a dangerous fall back. You probably use them in cases where you can’t find the exact diagnosis code you’re looking for. The problem is that unspecified codes have been overused, and CMS and private carriers have said “ENOUGH.” Which means if you keep using them, your revenue is at risk.
Coding expert, Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CPPM, COSC, can show you how to head off unspecified-code denials. By ordering this online training session, you’ll learn exactly when and how you’re submitting unspecific codes incorrectly, and how to successfully educate your providers to reduce its use. Getting a handle on unspecified code usage will reduce your denials, speed payments and head off stressful audits.
Unspecified codes are some of the most difficult to properly apply. However, you can get the expert tactics you need to head off ICD-10 unspecified code denials, and get paid more of what you’re due. Don’t wait, order this must-have training session today.
Here are just a couple of the proven, step-by-step ICD-10 tactics you’ll receive by ordering this 60-minute training session:
- Reduce denials, quickly identify unspecified codes – they are not always as they appear
- Develop proven cheat sheets to help your provider choose the most specific diagnosis code
- Determine when an unspecified code can’t be avoided, and how you get paid anyway
- Overcome EHR and PM software glitches that encourage unspecified code use
- Master acceptable alternatives for the most common unspecified ICD-10-CM codes
- Real-world coding analysis and examples to help educate providers on diagnosis code selection
- Speed up payments with proven billing and coding monitoring process
- Quickly uncover unspecified code denials and get them paid
- And so much more…
This 60-minute online training will provide you with proven tools to analyze your audit risk and educate your providers on more accurate code selection. Ultimately, you’ll be able to submit fewer unspecific codes, reduce your denials, speed your payments and head of a stressful audit.
Even if you’ve been able to get your unspecified code denials overturned, your payments for these claims are still significantly delayed, and they put a huge audit target on your practice. Why take a chance. By completing this plain-English ICD-10 training session, you can get precisely what you need to avoid unspecified-code denials and keep your cash flowing.
She has 35-years experience in all areas of physician practice management, compliance, coding and reimbursement. She leads a team of more than 65 certified professional coders.
She is certified as a professional coder and practice manager. Lynn has spoken at American Academy of Professional Coders’ (AAPC) national conferences, workshops, and audio conferences and is a former member of the AAPC’s National Advisory Board. She is also the founder of her Local AAPC Chapter.
Very informative and helpful.
I thought it was great! The webinar began & ended on time and was very informative.
I liked the helpful slides and examples.
I liked the suggestions for educational tools.