Accurately determining history vs. active conditions can be a challenge for even the most seasoned coder. The issue is that for coders and providers the word history means something very different, which can spell disaster for your reimbursement unless you do something about it…
Coding expert, Leonta (Lee) Williams, RHIT, CCS, CCDS, CPC, CPCO, CEMC, CHONC, CRC, AAPC Fellow, can help. Lee’s 60-minute online training session is specifically designed to help you cut through the grey areas when coding for history vs active conditions. Lee will walk you through the intricacies of this complex aspect of ICD-10-CM coding and show you how to clearly determine when to bill which code in these and other complicated situations.
Here are just a few of the history vs active condition coding tactics you’ll receive by attending this 60-minute online training:
- Pin down the proper order in which to list history vs active condition codes
- Clarify ICD-10-CM guidelines for coding between history of OR active conditions
- Clearly define the clinical definition of “in remission,” because IT DOES affect code assignment
- Know when Z codes will lead to a claim denial every time
- Learn the CORRECT way to pre-certify services with ICD-10-CM
- Determine whether a condition is resolved or current and active to boost pay up
- Code each condition phase correctly (current, in remission, subsequent care, resolved, history of)
- Help providers improve their patient history clinical documentation to better support your claims
- And much more…
Who Should Attend? All coders and billers regardless of their level of experience will benefit from this practical, step-by-step training.
By attending this online training, you’ll learn how to better interpret your provider’s documentation when it comes to a patient’s history vs their current active condition. You’ll also get the tools you need to track proven indicators to ensure you get it right every time.
This expert-led, online history vs active condition coding training session will save you time, reduce frustration and boost your overall reimbursement. This is a must-attend for all coders and billers in your practice. Don’t wait! Register today.
Leonta (Lee) Williams is currently the Director of Coding at a large physician organization in the southeast. Lee has over 15 years of experience working in both the outpatient and inpatient setting. Some of her professional roles have included coder, auditor, practice manager, educator, and trainer.
Lee has presented at national healthcare conferences, private healthcare training organizations, and has frequently contributed articles to healthcare publications. She currently serves on a number of Boards including Georgia Health Information Management Association (GHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Lee has a B.S. in Health Information Management and an MBA with concentration in Healthcare Administration.
Speaker was organized and informative
Billing Specialist, Heuser Hearing Institute
We liked that the speaker was easy to follow and gave us clear, concise examples.
HIM Director, Redfield Community Memorial Hospital Avera