Coding injections correctly can be a nightmare.
This can be a considerable reimbursement problem considering they’re the #1 procedure performed in US physician offices. Improper coding can lead to tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue per year, as well as the possibility of punitive audits.
Plain and simple, injection coding is often complex – ever-changing private-payor rules and Medicare guidelines, accurately reporting E&M services, and lack of clear documentation.
You’ll walk away from this information-packed webinar being able to more accurately code your injections the first time, and be sure your records are ready should an auditor ever come knocking on your door.
Here is a sneak peek at the program agenda:
• Step-by-step tactics to make sure medical necessity guidelines are met every time.
• Identify the correct injection code quicker and more accurately.
• Know if and when you should use HCPCS codes for drugs provided
• Boost your claims payup by more accurately utilizing E/M codes with your injections
You will also learn:
• How and when to more accurately report multiple injections in the same area
• Get the lowdown on reporting guidance with injections
• Learn the key differences to determine if the drug considered off-label
• Practical tips on how to report dosage
She has 35-years experience in all areas of physician practice management, compliance, coding and reimbursement. She leads a team of more than 65 certified professional coders.
She is certified as a professional coder and practice manager. Lynn has spoken at American Academy of Professional Coders’ (AAPC) national conferences, workshops, and audio conferences and is a former member of the AAPC’s National Advisory Board. She is also the founder of her Local AAPC Chapter.