You are not alone if Medicare’s new ID system has created patient confusion and a slowdown in your payments. Many patients don’t know their new 11-character alpha numeric Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) and are anxiously looking to you to help. The problem is there hasn’t been an easy way to get the information you need. Until now…
Medicare’s new online MBI Look Up Tool is available on your MAC’s secure portal. Once you master how to use it, you’ll be able to better help your patients with the information they need, and breakthrough a major barrier to getting your claims paid more quickly.
Billing expert, Leonta (Lee) Williams, RHIT, CCS, CCDS, CPCD, CPC, CEMC, CHONC, CRC, can help. Lee will walk you through exactly how to utilize the new MBI Lookup Tool more easily and effectively. The information you’ll gain will allow you to dodge costly billing errors and avoid a serious downturn in your cashflow due to delayed or denied payments.
Here are just a few of the practical, step-by-step tactics you’ll be able to apply after taking advantage of this expert-led, 60-minute Medicare online MBI Look Up Tool training:
- Quickly access a patient’s new MBI and eliminate costly claims delays and denials
- Boost Medicare Advantage payments with more accurate patient data
- Reduce billing holdups when a patient refuses to disclose their social security number
- Handle MBI numbers relative to Medicare Part D and Medicaid plans
- 2 ways to communicate with patients to make sure claims are processed seamlessly
- Confirm your outside billing vendor is utilizing the new MBIs correctly
- Educate your front desk team on how to handle patient questions and stop log jams
- Master how to read the new Medicare cards to avoid denied claims
- Avoid rejections when handling crossover claims using a patient’s new ID number
- Pin down new card clear identifiers to avoid getting scammed by fakes
- And so much more…
Who is this for? This online training session is perfect for anyone on your staff that must confirm Medicare information, that collects patient billing information, or anyone interested in ensuring your Medicare claims are processed accurately and quickly.
Applying partial or incorrect information can bog down or even dry up your claims processing altogether. Don’t let your Medicare reimbursement suffer because you don’t have the information you need.
Register for this online training today and gain the skills you need to master Medicare’s MBI Look Up Tool. Don’t wait, sign up for this online training session today.
Leonta (Lee) Williams is currently the Director of Coding at a large physician organization in the southeast. Lee has over 15 years of experience working in both the outpatient and inpatient setting. Some of her professional roles have included coder, auditor, practice manager, educator, and trainer.
Lee has presented at national healthcare conferences, private healthcare training organizations, and has frequently contributed articles to healthcare publications. She currently serves on a number of Boards including Georgia Health Information Management Association (GHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Lee has a B.S. in Health Information Management and an MBA with concentration in Healthcare Administration.