Missing even one step when you’re enrolling your Medicare practitioners in PECOS (Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System) with the CMS Forms 855I and 855R can have devastating financial ramifications for your practice. PECOS enrollment
Both your new and existing practitioners are counting on you to perfectly execute their PECOS enrollment to keep your insurance payments coming in. Any misstep can delay your practice’s reimbursement – and can even result in your practitioner being unable to see Medicare patients at all.
The problem is that you must master what and why you’re completing each portion of the PECOS enrollment version of the CMS Forms 855I and 855R − a major challenge even for seasoned professionals. Fortunately, you are not alone in acing the various enrollment requirements essential to your practice’s success and compliance.
This is where PECOS enrollment expert, Gretchin Heckenlively, CPA, FHFMA, can help. She’ll walk you step-by-step through each part of the PECOS-driven CMS Forms 855I and 855R. In only 90 minutes, you’ll receive proven PAGE-BY-PAGE strategies that will help ensure you get it right the first time.
Here are just a few of the practical, must-have CMS Forms 855I and 855R PECOS enrollment process tactics you’ll receive by attending this 90-minute online training:
- Avoid losing revenue from forgotten Medicare submission deadlines
- Clearly differentiate between enrollment for ordering/referring vs billing for professional services
- Expedite cashflow, prevent common enrollment form errors when adding and terminating practitioners
- Uncover Physician Assistant Medicare enrollment differences to get approved more quickly
- Identify the correct number of reassignments needed for multi-location practices
- Accelerate reimbursements by speeding up the approval of new practitioners
- Create a comprehensive enrollment/termination checklist to get it right every time
- Master how to transition an ordering/referring practitioner to one that can bill Medicare directly
- Ace the MAC review process and get your practitioners approved more quickly
- Halt lost reimbursement when you have multiple Provider Transaction Access Numbers (PTANs)
- Determine how to correctly handle MAC development requests, the first time
- Stop wasting time enrolling practitioners that are not Medicare qualified
- Reduce payment delays, choose the correct Medicare enrollment form and options every time
- Master Medicare Program Integrity Regulatory requirements to avoid rule violations
- Comply with special considerations when terminating practitioner reassignments
- And so much more . . .
This training is for ANYONE who wants to improve PECOS enrollment preparation and approval of Medicare CMS Forms 855I/855R more quickly and efficiently. Whether you’re enrolling your practitioner in Medicare for the first time, modifying an existing account or removing a practitioner from your group, this training will provide you with the tools you need to successfully utilize this tricky system.
During this practical, online training session you’ll receive a breakdown of each specific step you must take to ensure your practitioners are enrolled and managed accurately and efficiently the first time in CMS’ PECOS online system. Utilizing these proven strategies will give you the tools to seamlessly overcome all Medicare application requirements for both your new and existing practitioners.
You are not alone. Medicare PECOS enrollment can be confusing to even the most skilled healthcare professional. Multiple, similar enrollment forms and choices, numerous required sections and the importance of getting it right the first time makes this online training session a must-attend if you have even one practitioner that sees Medicare patients.
Don’t wait, sign up today.
Gretchin is a CPA and Partner in the Health Care Consulting division at Seim Johnson, LLP. She joined the firm in 1997 in the HealthCare Audit Division providing audit and Medicare/Medicaid cost reporting services on over 100 engagements.
In 2006, Gretchin left Seim Johnson to pursue an opportunity as the Chief Financial Officer of a critical access hospital. There she gained valuable experience in both the financial and clinical arenas of a hospital.
Gretchin rejoined the firm in 2010, and since that time, she has been able to bring frontline knowledge and understanding of working in a healthcare environment to the consulting division. Her focus is on Medicare and Medicaid provider enrollment, Medicare provider-based issues and reimbursement.
Gretchin has given many presentations on a wide range of healthcare, and not-for-profit related topics at a local, state and national level and currently serves on the CMS Central Office PECOS Focus Group and the CMS Central Office Provider Compliance Focus Group.
Also, she is an active member of Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and is a past President of their Nebraska Chapter. She also served as the Treasurer of HFMA Region 8. Gretchin graduated from Doane College in May 1997 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting and Finance.
All of the information was presented in a clear and understandable manner.
Loved it! I would for sure attend another one. I pulled a lot of information I needed from the webinar.
Great presenter! Gretchin knew her information.