Amanda Waesch, Esq., is a healthcare Attorney at Brennan, Manna & Diamond. Her practice focuses on healthcare, employment law and healthcare litigation across the country. She advises healthcare providers including practices and hospitals on reviewing and litigating employment agreements; non-compete agreements and severance agreements. Her work has benefited physicians and administrators in drafting and reviewing employer handbooks, as well as management and training issues.
Comply w/New Information Blocking Rule Mandate by Oct 6 Deadline
IMPORTANT: Newly implemented federal Information Blocking rules go into effect on Oct 6th. These new rules dramatically expand the scope of how, when and to whom you allow access to medical records. Simply complying with HIPAA is no longer enough.
Not only do these new rules significantly expand what information must be made accessible, but they also mandate how, when and to whom you are required to supply access to medical records. These new rules also clearly spell out exceptions to access, as long as you meet all requirements.
The new Information Blocking rules are part of the Cures Act. Complying with these new requirements really isn’t an option. The federal government has made it clear that failing to do so can result in costly stressful audits and financial penalties of up to $1 million.
Thankfully, you don’t have to navigate these new Information Blocking requirements alone. Healthcare attorney, Amanda Waesch, Esq., is leading a 90-minute online training session that will walk you through exactly how to comply with this new federal mandate when granting access to medical records. By attending, you’ll receive actionable step-by-step strategies that will make it easier for you to comply with the complexities of this new rule.
Here are just some of the practical Information Blocking compliance strategies you’ll receive by attending this online expert-led training:
- Make patient info available to payors and vendors without breaking HIPAA laws
- Head off patient-complaint-driven audits by speeding up EHI access
- Pin down whether your practice qualifies for a compliance exception
- Implement new policies and procedures that protect your practice and comply with new rules
- Determine when you are NOT required to make info available
- Deescalate patient complaints regarding posted info to stop violation penalties
- Restructure your vendor arrangements to encompass new info blocking specs
- Proven processes to track when patients have requested info not be posted
- Avoid HIPAA compliance violations when you make info blocking rule changes
- Ask the right questions of your EHR and patient portal systems to ensure you are protected
- And so much more…
Don’t take the risk of tackling these new Information Blocking rules without a proven plan of attack. By attending this online training, you’ll receive the expert advice you need to implement the 21st Century Cures Act correctly and avoid massive violation penalties that go into effect in less than 30 days.
Access to this online session is limited to ensure Amanda can answer all your Information Blocking rule implementation questions. This training will help you ensure you are compliantly providing access to medical records.
Don’t wait! Be sure to sign up today.