You can stop losing money on your out-of-network (OON) patients RIGHT NOW.
You’ve provided the services and deserve to be paid for them. But, getting your patients to cough up the cash for OON services is just plain complicated. Your patients don’t want to pay — they believe their insurance should cover it. Combine this with the added rules and regulations you must comply with when collecting OON money, you are facing a serious uphill battle. Out of Network Collections.
Collecting more for the OON services your practice provides can seem impossible, but it’s not. There are proven tactics you can use that will help you compliantly collect more from your OON claims (without ticking your patients off) … if you know how.
Practice management expert, Owen Dahl, MBA, LFACHE, CHBC, LSSMBB, will present an online training on how you can collect more from your OON services. You’ll walk away from this training with a step-by-step actionable plan you can put into place to stop losing revenue that you rightfully deserve.
Here are just some of the practical OON collections tactics you’ll be able to implement by attending this 60-minute online training:
- Get OON patients to really understand their financial obligations so there are no surprises
- Balance bill patients for the unpaid amount due, something in-network physicians can’t do
- Proven payer negotiation strategies to make seeing OON patients more profitable
- Avoid legal pitfalls for managing existing patients that transition to out-of-network plans
- Improve patient satisfaction and get paid for OON services with simple communication strategies
- Reduce losses by better identifying which OON patients to accept and which to turn down
- Implement proven verbiage in your collection policies to boost OON reimbursements
- Boost revenue by determining if your state has mandatory assignment of benefits
- Utilize right of assignment of benefits language to get paid directly from OON payers
- Don’t be pressured into signing a single-case agreement that only benefits the payer
- Pin down if patient-payer contracts have strings attached that stop you from getting paid
- Avoid Medicare billing violations that can get you audited and excluded as a provider
- Get patients to forward insurance payments they receive to you without hesitation
- Be prepared to head off more OON losses when the No Surprises Act goes live
- And so much more…
Who should attend? This online training is directed toward practice managers and financial managers from all sizes and specialties of outpatient practices. Also, physicians and NPPs interested in understanding how to bolster payments from out-of-network patients and payers will also find this training helpful.
Statistics show that up to 10% of your revenue can be on the line from uncollected OON services. Even if your practice is small, this is a significant amount of money to leave on the table. You deserve to be paid for all the services you provide – regardless of whether they are in or out of network – and this upcoming online training can show you how.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking you should turn away all out-of-network patients. You can accept many of these out-of-network patients and get paid adequately for the services you provide. But only if you successfully set up the proven processes that you’ll learn during this online training.
Don’t wait, take advantage of this upcoming online training today. Out of Network Collections.
Owen is a principal of Owen Dahl Consulting, in The Woodlands, Texas. He has 53 years of experience in consulting, running a medical billing service and managing medical practices. He was also a hospital administrator. Owen speaks across the country on medical practice issues related to strategic planning, Lean and Six Sigma, culture, human resource management and the revenue cycle.
He is an adjunct professor at the University of New Orleans, the author of Think Business – Medical practice quality, efficiency and profit, contributing author of the popular book Lean Six Sigma for the Medical Practice and recently published Integration of Behavioral Health Into Medical Homes: A Rapid Implementation Guide. Owen received his Bachelor’s degree in Hospital Administration at Concordia College, Moorhead, MN and his Master’s from the University of Northern Colorado. He recently achieved his Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt through Villanova University. He served in the USAF.
The webinar was well presented. Topic was interesting and I learned a lot. The speaker kept me engaged.
Preventive Cardiology of NY
I liked that the presentation jumped right into the training. I enjoyed the pace of the webinar and the Q & A at the end.
The information was very useful. The webinar was well planned and executed.
Interventional Pain Solutions