Although the COVID-19 freeze on nonessential services put a hold on the preventive services you normally provide, you don’t have to go without this reimbursement. There are a variety of methods, beyond just telemedicine, that can help you provide these much-needed services to your patients, and get your cash flowing again.
You’ve got to figure out a way to provide physical exams, annual well checks, and vaccinations because both your patient’s health and your practice’s revenue are at stake.
This is where nationally-recognized coding and training expert, Kim Garner Huey, MJ, CHC, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, CPCO, COC, can help.
During her online training session, Kim will provide step-by-step guidance on how you can provide and get paid for COVID-19 preventive medicine services (PMS) during the pandemic.
Here are a just a few of the COVID-19 preventive medicine coding questions you’ll get answered during this expert-led 90-minute online training:
- How can you get paid for preventive services during COVID-19?
- Which payers will reimburse for preventive telehealth visits and under what circumstances?
- What is the best way to code a curbside visit for vaccinations?
- How can you correctly code a telehealth preventive visit to guarantee maximum reimbursement?
- What modifiers are required for same-day annual wellness service (AWS) and problem-focused visit?
- What documentation is required for virtual preventive visits (considering no physically contact)?
- What codes do you use for a preventive visit via phone – (99381-99397 or 99441-99443)?
- How can you successfully code and document visits for administration with counseling?
- How can you properly code a diagnosis when you can’t see or touch the patient?
- How should you bill a same day virtual preventive service and problem-oriented visit?
- What patient types should you expect to come in first for services?
- Are you required to use a HIPAA-compliant video app for telehealth visits?
- What services are included under Medicare’s Preventive Medicine Coverage?
- Are any telehealth requirements waived for preventive medicine during current pandemic?
- And much, much more…
Who Should Attend? This expert led online coding session is specifically targeted toward primary care practices and is a must attend for you and your entire staff. It will help you improve the reimbursement of your preventive services – especially during COVID-19 recovery (regardless of your size, specialty or location).
Your patients need the preventive services you offer, and you deserve to be paid correctly and optimally for them. Stop COVID-19 from hurting your patients and your practice any more than it already has.
Register for this online training and find out how your office can provide preventive services during the pandemic, code them correctly, and improve the reimbursement you receive.
Don’t put your primary care practice at risk. This training will provide answers to your most challenging preventive medicine coding issues from telehealth to curbside coding.
Don’t wait—sign up today!
Kim is an independent coding and reimbursement consultant, providing audit, training and oversight of coding and reimbursement functions for physicians. Kim completed three years of pre-medical education at the University of Alabama before she decided that she preferred the business side of medicine.
She completed a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management and went on to obtain certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders and the American Health Information Management Association.
Recognizing the important position of compliance in today’s world, she has also obtained certification as a Certified Healthcare Compliance Consultant and a Certified Healthcare Audit Professional. Kim is also an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM trainer and has recently earned a Master of Jurisprudence in Health Law.
For over twenty-five years, Kim has worked with providers in virtually all specialties, from General Surgery to Obstetrics/Gynecology to Oncology to Internal Medicine and beyond. She has spoken at the national conference for numerous organizations.