Payers are planning to take back thousands in telemedicine reimbursements you received during the COVID-19 pandemic, unless you take action right now.
Medicare and commercial payers have enlisted an army of auditors to dig through telemedicine claims they believe were overpaid or reimbursed in error. Depending on what they find, you could be required to pay back the payments you received, and/or be hit with penalties.
Fortunately, there are actions you can take to hold onto more of your telemedicine revenue, if you know how.
This is where nationally recognized coding expert and educator, Leonta Williams, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCDS, CPC, CPCO, CEMC, CHONC, CRC, can help. During her online training session, you’ll receive step-by-step expert advice on how you can hold on to more of the telehealth payments you’ve received, and how to avoid future errors that could get you in trouble.
Here are just some of the ways you’ll learn how to improve your telehealth coding accuracy, increase your reimbursement and reduce your compliance risk by attending this practical, 60-minute session:
- Prepare your refiling procedures to replace unsupported 99201-99215 claims
- Swap out equal-paying telephone call codes to eliminate office visit revenue loss
- Protect payments, proven practical patient education that promotes accurate payer survey responses
- Pin down the biggest reason telehealth claims are flagged for a refund and how to fix it
- Keep more reimbursements with ironclad telehealth visit documentation
- Proven checklist to comply with new patient consent and privacy notices rules
- Identify when telehealth and virtual care services qualify with Medicare’s COVID-19 new rules
- Maximize telehealth by determining when originating site is waived
- Avoid a costly audit with proven chart processes that support your billing
- Fix holes in already-filed claims, and amend documentation without getting in legal and financial trouble
- And so much more …
IMPORTANT: Continued changes to telehealth reimbursement rules significantly increased your chances of filing incorrect claims − and you probably didn’t even realize it. This training will walk you through how to accurately submit and defend your claims regardless of your practice specialty, size or location.
Get the expert strategies you need to help your claims sail through these the telehealth audits that you are about to face. This training will help you increase the likelihood that your telehealth and virtual care claims will be coded accurately and are immune to paybacks. Bottomline: You’ll learn how to hold onto more of the telehealth reimbursements you receive.
Don’t delay, reserve your access and sign up for this expert-led online training today.
Added Bonus: Register for this online training, and you will also receive a downloadable checklist that has all the audit questions you need to ask internally to hold onto more of your telehealth reimbursements. This tool will help you more easily identify which areas are being misreported so you can fix them before it’s too late.
*Tool will be included with your presentation handouts.
Leonta (Lee) Williams is currently the Director of Coding at a large physician organization in the southeast. Lee has over 15 years of experience working in both the outpatient and inpatient setting. Some of her professional roles have included coder, auditor, practice manager, educator, and trainer.
Lee has presented at national healthcare conferences, private healthcare training organizations, and has frequently contributed articles to healthcare publications. She currently serves on a number of Boards including Georgia Health Information Management Association (GHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Lee has a B.S. in Health Information Management and an MBA with concentration in Healthcare Administration.
The webinar provided helpful information.
Excellent! The information provided was clear and precise.
The webinar was excellent! The speaker was very engaging, Knowledgeable, and willing to answer questions.