The telemedicine services you offered during the COVID-19 pandemic have a good chance of coming back to bite you both legally and financially. Telehealth compliance audits.
The rapidly evolving telemedicine requirements, and recent Department of Justice (DOJ) charges of more than $4.5 billion in telemedicine false claims make the virtual services you did provide suspect and most likely out of compliance. Auditors are targeting practices to uncover medical necessity and other telemedicine violations, they’re leveraging hefty fines and Medicare is even revoking billing privileges. Telehealth compliance audits.
Both the telemedicine services you’ve already offered, and whether you are set up to provide virtual services under the more stringent scrutiny now underway are at risk. Fortunately, there are actions you can take to protect your practice and head off paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in paybacks and fraud charges − but only if you know how …
This is where healthcare attorney, Jeana Singleton, JD, can help. During her upcoming online training on Wednesday, November 4th at 1pm ET, Jeana will show you how to protect your practice from being hit with massive telehealth compliance fines. She’ll walk you through how to prevent getting flagged for a telehealth audit, and how to survive one should you get targeted.
Here are just a few of the telehealth pre-, during, and post audit compliance tactics you’ll receive by attending this upcoming 60-minute online training:
- Implement strategies to avoid pitfalls that may increase your fines
- Head off costly errors, identify and train the right staff to work with reviewers
- Take actions to identify and improve your weak areas, lower your likelihood of being the next DOJ case
- Leverage your appeals rights to limit exposure
- Prevent inappropriate lab and testing relationships that will land you in hot water
- Simple first step that decreases penalties and ensures your audit starts out right
- Identify appeals and self-disclosure strategies to address recoupment
- Support telemedicine claims with defensive strategy telemedicine policies, forms and procedures
- Educate patients to accurately recall telehealth visits when responding to payer surveys
- Prepare now to navigate an audit to reduce financial penalties later
- Curtail False Claim accusations, learn how documentation may be properly amended
- Proven tactics that prevent anti-kickback allegations
- Limit your legal implication with the right way to respond to medical record requests
- Plug gaps in your previous encounters without getting in legal and financial trouble
- And much more!
Who should attend this training?
All practices that offered virtual care services during the COVID-19 pandemic, and/or are planning to continue to provide care via telemedicine going forward. The step-by-step advice you’ll receive during this upcoming online training will be helpful to all practices regardless of specialty, size and location.
You CAN increase your compliance and decrease your financial and legal exposure by implementing the expert strategies you’ll receive during this must-attend, online training.
Don’t wait until you get targeted for a telemedicine audit to take action. Register for this upcoming online training to get the step-by-step advice you need to avoid massive telemedicine violation penalties. Also, get actionable strategies to continue to offer telemedicine services without the increased risk.
Take action today and reserve your access to this must-attend upcoming, live online training today.
Jeana is a Member of Brennan, Manna & Diamond, as well as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and serves as the firm’s General Counsel. Her practice includes counseling businesses, providers and other healthcare organizations on legal issues that impact their performance.
With over a decade of experience, Jeana helps clients navigate regulatory updates, the growth of consumer-driven health practices, and the rapid advancement in technology-based medicine including telemedicine, orthopedic implants, and other medical technologies advancements.
Jeana regularly presents on topics such as compliance, clinical transformation, operational integration, regulatory issues and guidelines, revenue cycles and other related subjects that are redefining healthcare and how it is managed. Staying relevant in a transforming industry is key to sustainability and the value that Jeana offers.