Injection and infusion coding isn’t just complex – it’s downright frustrating. Add this to the thousands and thousands of dollars in drug costs that can be lost if you code these claims incorrectly, and the stakes shoot through the roof.
Coding for injection and infusion services can send even the most seasoned coder over the edge. Between the required code hierarchy, the multitude of interchangeable add-on codes, and drugs being infused along with the units administered, it’s surprising that anything gets paid. And with infusion codes having multiple meanings, getting paid accurately and optimally is almost impossible. However, there is something you can do about it.
With a few proven techniques from national coding expert, Kim Huey, MJ, CHC, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, CPCO, you can reduce injection and infusion coding denials and get paid more for your claims. During this online training session, Kim will walk you through the process of filing more accurate injection and infusion claims, ultimately collecting more of the reimbursement you deserve.
Here are just a few of the injection and infusion coding strategies you’ll receive by attending this 60-minute online training:
- Assign codes for hydration and infusion of multiple drugs accurately every time
- Get paid for more of the supportive drugs you administer with this little-known tactic
- Capture the highest allowable reimbursement with quick “initial” and “subsequent” admin code tip
- Distinguish between the usage of CPT codes 96360 and 96361 for IV hydration
- Uncover ICD-10-CM chemo treatment guidelines to ensure you avoid denials
- Cut through the confusion of assigning infusion HCPCS drug codes
- Use readily available resources to capture optimal drug administration reimbursement
- Accurately utilize CPT code 96549 when coding chemotherapy agents
- Incorporate proven start and stop time documentation methods that your docs will really use
- Uncover included and excluded services to maximize pay-up and reduce denials
- Determine the correct usage of CPT code 99211 to avoid denials
- And so much more…
This online training will help you pin down injection and infusion documentation requirements, successfully account for drug payments, and uncover additional reimbursement opportunities for these every-day services.
In only 60 minutes, you’ll get the tools necessary to code your injection and infusion claims more accurately. The proven coding tactics you’ll receive will help reduce your claim denials for these complex services and boost your overall reimbursement for both the administration and drugs for your injection and infusion services.
If you submit even ONE injection or infusion claim, this online training is a must see. Don’t wait. Sign up today.
Kim is an independent coding and reimbursement consultant, providing audit, training and oversight of coding and reimbursement functions for physicians. Kim completed three years of pre-medical education at the University of Alabama before she decided that she preferred the business side of medicine.
She completed a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management and went on to obtain certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders and the American Health Information Management Association.
Recognizing the important position of compliance in today’s world, she has also obtained certification as a Certified Healthcare Compliance Consultant and a Certified Healthcare Audit Professional. Kim is also an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM trainer and has recently earned a Master of Jurisprudence in Health Law.
For over twenty-five years, Kim has worked with providers in virtually all specialties, from General Surgery to Obstetrics/Gynecology to Oncology to Internal Medicine and beyond. She has spoken at the national conference for numerous organizations.