Learn How to Be a Medical Biller FAST
In only a few short weeks you can learn everything you need to know about medical billing. REALLY!!
This program of 17 modules is designed to be interactive and hold your hand through the learning process. Who would benefit by attending this course:
• Practice Managers: Manage your billing staff more effectively by having a firm understanding of the billing process.
• Coders: Enhance your value to your practice, and expand your career opportunities by learning a new area medical administration.
• Novices: Even if you’ve never worked in a medical practice before, this program is designed to let you progress at your own pace, and at completion have the tools you need to enter a new industry.
The Physician Medical Billing Course is a flexible educational tool. Each module has a fun, interactive video lecture tied to your course work. It is accompanied by a textbook that contains regular reading and exercises to ensure you are digesting the materials as you progress through the course.
This course was designed to support you every step of the way through the program. Its more than just the materials you’ll receive. You’ll receive access to certified coaches who are always available to assist you and answer any question you might have.
This course will help you:
• Be prepared for any billing situation with a firm understanding of the various types of insurance plans
• File more successful claims by being able to apply payer policy, Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs), and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs)
• Utilize CPT, ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level II coding guidelines to assist you in your billing decisions
• Ensure your claim compliance by utilizing the varying rules and regulations which apply to the healthcare industry, including HIPAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act and Stark
• Improve the revenue cycle of your claims
• Increase your payment rates with proven claim, patient and denial follow up tools
At the completion of The Physician Medical Billing Course you’ll be prepared to sit for the CPB (Certified Practice Biller) exam. Also, you’ll be qualified to work in a medical billing department, a physician practice, clinic, insurance company or other healthcare facility.
The Physician Medical Billing Course Curriculum Breakdown
(17 User-Friendly Modules)
Each module below is taught by a certified course instructor. You’ll receive the textbook, “Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement,” lecture handouts, and be kept engaged with fun practice activities. There is also an online, timed exam to ensure you are retaining what you’ve learned. Finally, you’ll have access to one-on-one coaching and a private forum so you are never alone and can always get your questions answered
The course curriculum breaks down as follows:
• Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding as its central textbook
• Practical, step-by-step video lectures by Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPPM
• CodingCertification.com iTunes podcast subscription capability (re-listen to lectures while driving to work etc.)
• Online practice exercises to reinforce what you’re learning
• Private Access CodingCertification.com’s Student Forum: Get your questions answered by leading coding experts.
||Your Career Options as a Health Insurance Specialist
||Introduction to Health Insurance
||Understand the Nuances of Managed Health Care
||Successfully Processing Insurance Claims
||Maintain Compliance Through Legal and Regulatory Issues
||HCPCS Level II Coding
||CMS Methodologies for Successful Claims’ Reimbursement
||Deciphering Medical Necessity
||Essential CMS-1500 Claim Completion Instructions
||Commercial Insurance: How Is It Different
||Successfully Bill Blue Cross Blue Shield
||Understanding Medicare Guidelines
||Medicaid Specifics You’ll Need
||TRICARE: What Is It and How to Use It
||Workers’ Compensation: Getting Reimbursed
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to successfully complete this course you are required to have an AMA CPT Professional Manual, ICD-9-CM Volumes 1 & 2, HCPCS Level II Manual. All manuals should be current year. These manuals are NOT included in this course, you must purchase them separately.
Laureen has over 30 years in the healthcare field. She graduated as an Occupational Therapist in 1986 and before long was running a successful therapy practice which did over 1.6 million in billing per year with a less than .06% rejection rate. Once Medicare changed how rehab companies were reimbursed this business was closed and Laureen eventually started a new company dedicated to teaching Medical Billing and Coding.
Laureen has taught medical billing and coding since 1999 and currently does so through her company Certification Coaching Organization, LLC.