The likelihood your patients will pay you what they owe SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASES once they walk out your door. So, it makes sense that your front desk should be your first line of defense against uncollectable accounts receivable, and one way to do this is by optimizing patient collections.
Getting patients to pay what they owe sounds easy enough, right? Just ask them to pay before they leave. Well, it’s just not that simple. There are a million reasons why your patients won’t pay before they leave. The good news is, there is something you can do to improve your patient collections…
Consultant and front desk collections expert, Tracy Bird, FACMPE, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CPC-I, can help. On Wednesday, August 24th at 1pm ET, Tracy will present a 60-minute, must-attend online training session that will help you maximize your patient collections at your front desk. This training will help you reduce your liability, as patient out-of-pocket deductibles soar.
Here are just a few of the step-by-step strategies you’ll receive by attending this upcoming, 60-minute front desk patient collections training:
- How preparation and alternative payment options can boost your pay up
- Key phrases that push patients to pay when they walk IN your door
- Make collections a “team sport” led by your front desk
- Understand patient payment obstacles to improve what you get paid
- Bring in overdue balances with simple to implement processes that really work
- Identify the best collection technology tools that’ll reduce your bad debt
- Proven processes to increase your payments from high-deductible patients
- Implement key patient “touchpoints” to significantly increase pay-up
- Proven financial conversations that engage patients, not offend them
- Master verification of benefits before you bill and increase profitability
- And much more…
This problem is NOT going away. In fact, your liability is increasing. Higher deductibles and an increase in patient responsibility are driving a decline in the amount patients can pay for the care they receive. And considering it costs you, on average, 4 times more to collect from a patient than it does from an insurance company, utilizing the front desk patient collection strategies you’ll receive from this expert-led training is essential to the financial wellbeing of your practice.
Although your patient collection percentage will probably never be 100%, this training will provide you with immediately actionable front desk strategies that will help you drastically reduce your financial liability and boost your cash flow. Don’t wait, register for this upcoming online training today to guarantee your access.
NOTE: Due to overwhelming demand, access to this training has been limited to the first 50 registrants to ensure all participants have an opportunity to get their specific questions answered by the expert presenter.
Tracy has over 40 years of experience in various specialties in the areas of practice management, billing and coding, including training, communications, and policy and procedure development.
She is an ACMPE Fellow with MGMA, a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CMPA), a Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMC) a Certified Professional Medical Coding Curriculum instructor (CPC-I), and an AAPC Fellow. Tracy is co-founder and past president of the NE Kansas Chapter of AAPC, a past president of MGMA-GKC and is currently serving as the Chair of the Certification Commission for National MGMA.