The likelihood your patients will pay you what they owe SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASES once they walk out your door. So, it makes sense that your front desk is your first line of defense against uncollectable accounts receivable.
Getting patients to pay what they owe sounds easy enough, right? Just ask them to pay before they leave. Well, it’s just not that simple. There are an unlimited number of reasons why your patients won’t pay before they leave. The good news is, there is something you can do about it…
Consultant and front desk collections expert, Tracy Bird, FACMPE, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CPC-I, can help. During this 60-minute online training, Tracy will help you maximize the amount you collect from patients at your front desk. This training will help you reduce your liability, as patient out-of-pocket deductibles soar.
Effectively Increase Front Desk Collections
Here are just a few of the step-by-step strategies you’ll receive by attending this 60-minute front desk collections training:
- How preparation and alternative payment options can boost your pay up
- Key phrases that push patients to pay when they walk IN your door
- Make collections a “team sport” led by your front desk
- Understand patient payment obstacles to improve what you get paid
- Bring in overdue balances with simple to implement processes that really work
- Identify the best collection technology tools that’ll reduce your bad debt
- Proven processes to increase your payments from high-deductible patients
- Implement key patient “touchpoints” to significantly increase pay-up
- Proven financial conversations that engage patients, not offend them
- Master verification of benefits before you bill and increase profitability
- And much more…
The reality is that this problem is NOT going away.
In fact, your liability is increasing. Higher deductibles and an increase in patient out-of-pocket responsibility are driving a decline in the amount patients are willing to pay for the care they receive.
And considering it costs you, on average, 4 times more to collect from a patient than it does from an insurance company, utilizing the front desk collection strategies you’ll receive from this expert-led training is essential to the financial wellbeing of your practice.
Although your collection percentage will probably never be 100%, this training will provide you with immediately actionable front desk strategies that will help you drastically reduce your financial liability and boost your cash flow.
Tracy has over 40 years of experience in various specialties in the areas of practice management, billing and coding, including training, communications, and policy and procedure development.
She is an ACMPE Fellow with MGMA, a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CMPA), a Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMC) a Certified Professional Medical Coding Curriculum instructor (CPC-I), and an AAPC Fellow. Tracy is co-founder and past president of the NE Kansas Chapter of AAPC, a past president of MGMA-GKC and is currently serving on the Certification Commission for National MGMA and a State Liaison to Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Kentucky.
It was very helpful; The speaker was good!
Useful Information; Different perspectives.
Thorough, provided useful information. Some suggestions we can implement immediately in our private practice.
Very on Point, and provided good information.