Bringing in the reimbursement your practice has earned should be pretty straightforward, right? Well, think again.
To get paid, there are about a million hoops you must jump through. And the consequences of missing even one of these hoops range between leaving money uncollected to getting hit with massive violation penalties.
The good news is that there are proven tactics you can implement to make your billing and collections processes faster, easier, and more successful, if you know how…
To help, four leading experts, Tracy Bird, FACMPE, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CPC-I, Daphne Kackloudis, Esq., Ashley Watson, Esq., Owen Dahl, LFACHE, CHBC, LSSMBB, will show you how during these 3 online trainings designed to breakdown billing and collections complexities and help you get paid more efficiently, more quickly.
These expert-led online trainings with help you overcome three key areas of billing and collections that are most likely to cause you problems getting paid (front desk collection strategies, how to avoid common self-pay billing errors and improve pay up when you are an out-of-network provider). Sign up today to confirm your access to these must-attend trainings.
SAVE 15% INSTANTLY!
Order your 3-Part series in the next 5 days, and you’ll save an additional 15% off the total cost. Discount is already reflected. No code is necessary. Or, if you prefer, you can order each session individually at the regular rate. ORDER TODAY!
PART 1: Boost Your Front Desk Patient Collections Quickly and Easily
Choose the On-Demand Recording or CD-Rom to Watch at Your Convenience.
The likelihood your patients will pay you what they owe SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASES once they walk out your door. So, it makes sense that your front desk should be your first line of defense against uncollectable accounts receivable, and one way to do this is by optimizing patient collections.
Consultant and front desk collections expert, Tracy Bird, FACMPE, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CPC-I, can help. Tracy has put together a 60-minute, must-attend online training session that will help you maximize your patient collections at your front desk. This training will help you reduce your liability, as patient out-of-pocket deductibles soar.
Here are just a few of the step-by-step strategies you’ll receive by attending this 60-minute front desk patient collections training:
- How preparation and alternative payment options can boost your pay up
- Key phrases that push patients to pay when they walk IN your door
- Make collections a “team sport” led by your front desk
- Understand patient payment obstacles to improve what you get paid
- Bring in overdue balances with simple to implement processes that really work
- Identify the best collection technology tools that’ll reduce your bad debt
- Proven processes to increase your payments from high-deductible patients
- Implement key patient “touchpoints” to significantly increase pay-up
- Proven financial conversations that engage patients, not offend them
- Master verification of benefits before you bill and increase profitability
- And much more…
PART 2: Head Off Massive Financial Penalties for Innocent Self-Pay Billing Errors
Choose the On-Demand Recording or CD-Rom to Watch at Your Convenience
How you bill your self-pay patients is about so much more than just getting paid. Get it wrong and you could be facing significant penalties related to multiple state and federal law violations. charging self-pay patients.
Any one of the numerous regulations that govern how you bill your self-pay patients could easily land you in serious financial and legal trouble – Medicare, Stark, Anti-Kickback, HIPAA (i.e., contracting, discounting, patient right-to-refuse claim submission, prompt-pay vs. cash-pay, financial hardship, uninsured patients, setting fees, who qualifies, etc.).
Luckily, healthcare regulatory and compliance law attorneys, Daphne Kackloudis, JD and Ashley Watson, JD, are here to help. During their online training, Daphne and Ashley will walk you through how to cut through the confusion of correctly billing your self-pay patients. By attending this training, you’ll receive plain-English advice to help you avoid the massive penalties that can result from even an innocent billing mistake.
Here are just a few of the practical, compliant self-pay billing strategies you’ll receive by attending this online expert-led training:
- Halt upfront payment discounts from leading to legal headaches
- Distinguish between prompt-pay and cash-pay to avoid costly penalties
- Avoid easy-to-make Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) violations
- Pin down when you can and can’t offer discounts for services
- Stop self-pay billing from leaving you exposed to Anti-Kickback fines
- Unearth hidden commercial contract clauses that can easily trip you up
- Identify genuine financial hardship cases and document to protect your practice
- Discover when NEVER to reduce co-pays for Medicare/Medicaid patients
- Rectify uninsured patient billing errors before they get you into trouble
- Reduce HIPAA risk when patients don’t want their claims submitted to Medicare
- Prevent reductions in Medicare reimbursements due to self-pay discounts
- Block state compliance violations when offering prompt pay discounts
- And so much more!
PART 3: Seriously Boost Payup with Proven Out-of-Network Collection Tactics
Choose the On-Demand Recording or CD-Rom to Watch at Your Convenience.
You can stop losing money on your out-of-network (OON) patients RIGHT NOW. You’ve provided the services and deserve to be paid for them. But, getting your patients to cough up the cash for OON services is just plain complicated. Your patients don’t want to pay — they believe their insurance should cover it. Combine this with the added rules and regulations you must comply with when collecting OON money, you are facing a serious uphill battle.
Collecting more for the OON services your practice provides can seem impossible, but it’s not. There are proven tactics you can use that will help you compliantly collect more from your OON claims (without ticking your patients off) … if you know how.
Practice management expert, Owen Dahl, MBA, LFACHE, CHBC, LSSMBB, has put together an online training on how you can collect more from your OON services. You’ll walk away from this training with a step-by-step actionable plan you can put into place to stop losing revenue that you rightfully deserve.
Here are just some of the practical OON collections tactics you’ll be able to implement by attending this 60-minute online training:
- Get OON patients to really understand their financial obligations so there are no surprises
- Balance bill patients for the unpaid amount due, something in-network physicians can’t do
- Proven payer negotiation strategies to make seeing OON patients more profitable
- Avoid legal pitfalls for managing existing patients that transition to out-of-network plans
- Improve patient satisfaction and get paid for OON services with simple communication strategies
- Reduce losses by better identifying which OON patients to accept and which to turn down
- Implement proven verbiage in your collection policies to boost OON reimbursements
- Boost revenue by determining if your state has mandatory assignment of benefits
- Utilize right of assignment of benefits language to get paid directly from OON payers
- Don’t be pressured into signing a single-case agreement that only benefits the payer
- Pin down if patient-payer contracts have strings attached that stop you from getting paid
- Avoid Medicare billing violations that can get you audited and excluded as a provider
- Get patients to forward insurance payments they receive to you without hesitation
- Be prepared to head off more OON losses when the No Surprises Act goes live
- And so much more…
Who should attend? This online training is directed toward practice managers and financial managers from all sizes and specialties of outpatient practices. Also, physicians and NPPs interested in understanding how to bolster payments from out-of-network patients and payers will also find this training helpful.
Past Webinar Reviews:
“The webinar was well presented. Topic was interesting and I learned a lot. The speaker kept me engaged.”
– Marie Lecorps-Villarreal, Preventative Cardiology of NY
“I liked that the presentation jumped right into the training. I enjoyed the pace of the webinar and the Q & A at the end.”
– Sara Perrott, Audigy
“The webinar was great and the speakers were very informative. Just keep them coming!.”
– Sheila Johnson, Heartland Alliance
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn’t meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
Tracy has many years healthcare management experience in multiple specialties in the areas of practice operations, revenue cycle management, coding, documentation, staff training, communications, policy and procedure development, and workflow redesign. Her experience includes work with private practices, hospital based practices, rural health clinics, and FQHC’s She is an ACMPE Fellow with MGMA, a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CMPA), a Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMC) a Certified Professional Medical Coding Curriculum instructor (CPC-I).
Tracy is co-founder and past president of the NE Kansas Chapter of AAPC, a past president of MGMA-GKC, is the ACMPE Forum Rep for Kansas, and Kansas City, and previously served on the Certification Commission for National MGMA. Tracy is also an independent practice management consultant with national MGMA. Tracy presents to many healthcare organizations on a variety of practice management topics as well as being a National speaker for MGMA and AAPC.
Daphne L. Kackloudis is a member of the firm, she heads BMD Columbus’ health care practice, and she chairs BMD’s Empowerment and Opportunity (DE&I) Committee. Daphne’s success –and that of her clients – is rooted in the nexus between traditional health care legal services and health care public policy. She has broad and deep experience in health care operations, service delivery, payment systems, and compliance, as well as Medicaid, public policy, and government affairs. Daphne advises health care trade associations and health care providers as outside counsel and in-house as a member of her clients’ senior leadership teams.
Ashley is a healthcare attorney in BMD’s Columbus office. She works with nonprofit and for-profit health care providers, health care trade associations, individuals, and businesses. Ashley is experienced in healthcare public policy and regulatory compliance, legislative and government affairs, grant administration, and healthcare program operations.
Owen is a principal of Owen Dahl Consulting, in The Woodlands, Texas. He has 53 years of experience in consulting, running a medical billing service and managing medical practices. He was also a hospital administrator. Owen speaks across the country on medical practice issues related to strategic planning, Lean and Six Sigma, culture, human resource management and the revenue cycle.
He is an adjunct professor at the University of New Orleans, the author of Think Business – Medical practice quality, efficiency and profit, contributing author of the popular book Lean Six Sigma for the Medical Practice and recently published Integration of Behavioral Health Into Medical Homes: A Rapid Implementation Guide. Owen received his Bachelor’s degree in Hospital Administration at Concordia College, Moorhead, MN and his Master’s from the University of Northern Colorado. He recently achieved his Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt through Villanova University. He served in the USAF.